- 1 package Spicy Cajun Pilaf or Gluten Free Spicy Cajun Pilaf
- 2 cups plus 2 tbs vegetable or chicken broth (or 3.5 cups plus 2 tbs broth for Gluten Free Spicy Cajun)
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- soft or hard tortillas
- In large pot, bring 2 cups of broth to a boil.*
- Add Spicy Cajun Pilaf and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large skillet, add 2 tbs of olive and oil and turn heat to medium low.
- Add onions and sprinkle with salt. Cover skillet and let onions simmer, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add 2 tbs of broth and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Remove onions and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tbs of oil to pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn shrimp and cook until shrimp is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- For each taco, layer Spicy Cajun Pilaf, shrimp, onions and lettuce.
*For Gluten Free Spicy Cajun Pilaf, bring 3.5 cups of broth to a boil. Add Gluten Free Spicy Cajun Pilaf, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 25 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.