Oh snap….great lesson learned! I need to be sure I have all my pictures taken before I eat. I can blame this on hunger but the truth is this recipe is simply amazingly delicious! I love so many things about this recipe – it’s vegan, loaded with vegetables and my slow cooker did all the work! What surprised me about this recipe is how much the Lentil Sloppy Joes tasted like a true Sloppy Joe with the bun. I promise you could fool any meat eater with this recipe!
- 2 cups brown lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bunch kale, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 package shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3 tbs whole grain mustard
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package Slow Cooker Sloppy Joe Spice Blend
- Buns or cooked brown rice
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours. Serve in buns or over brown rice.