I must admin – I am in love with this recipe! Avocados are for sure one of my favorite foods and this recipe gives me just another reason to add them to my meal plan! These are perfect for lunch, they are great to use left over Santa Fe Pilaf with and they are a crowd pleaser!
- 1 package Santa Fe Pilaf or Gluten Free Santa Fe Pilaf, cooked as directed and cooled*
- 2 – 3 medium avocados, cut in half and pit removed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
For Stuffed Avocados:
- Using a spoon, remove most of the avocado from the skin. Be careful not to break through the skin.
- In a large bowl, add the avocado and lime juice. Mash the avocado until smooth. Add the green onions, tomatoes and Santa Fe Pilaf and mix well.
- Fill each avocado skin with the Santa Fe mixture.
- Serve with a wedge of lime.
For Santa Fe Avocado Dip:
- Follow #1 and #2, but juice 2 limes.
- Pour into serving bowl.
- Place plastic wrap over bowl and press down to top of dip – this will keep the avocado from browning.
- Chill until serving.