I will admit – this is not the healthiest recipe I’ve ever written. But I promise you it is delicious! I’ve written the recipe to keep it vegetarian, but feel free to add some shredded chicken or pork.
- 1 package Santa Fe Pilaf, prepared and cooled
- 3/4 cup corn (I use frozen)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Spring Roll Wrappers (12-18)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In large bowl, combine Santa Fe Pilaf, corn, red onion, cilantro, crushed red pepper and lime juice.
- Make the spring rolls. Place one wrapper on a cutting board in a diamond.
- Put two spoonfuls of the Santa Fe mix on the spring roll.
- Top with a slice or two of avocado.
- Fold bottom over, fold in sides and roll.
- When you get close to the top, dab the wrapper with water to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers.
- To fry, heat 2 ” of oil in a deep, heavy skillet to 350.
- Carefully slide in the spring rolls, a few at a time.
- Turn occasionally to brown evenly and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on rack.
- Repeat with remaining.
You can also bake these! Just preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Brush the rolls with a bit of oil and bake on the rack. Bake about 15 minutes, turn and back until golden and crisp, about 8 more minutes.