This is a special recipe that I usually reserve for the holidays and this year I am making it for Thanksgiving.
- 1 package Santa Fe Pilaf or Gluten Free Santa Fe Pilaf
- 2 cups vegetable broth, or 3.5 cups of broth for Gluten Free Santa Fe Pilaf
- 1 1/4 lb butternut squash, cleaned, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 bunk greens, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 TBS lime juice
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a food processor or blender, combine honey, lime, cilantro, chili powder, salt and pepper. Pulse a few time and gradually add the olive oil.
- In large bowl, toss the squash with 3/4 of the cilantro-honey dressing.
- Pour squash onto a foil-lined baking sheet and roast at 400 for about 35 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- In a pot, saute onion for 2 minutes. Add greens and vegetable broth. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add Santa Fe Pilaf and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Place Santa Fe Pilaf in your serving platter. Stir in remaining cilantro-honey dressing.
- Top with roasted butternut squash and serve warm