It’s that time of year again…potluck season! I like to have a few recipes up my sleeve that are easy enough to make last minute, but delicious and pretty enough to impress and fit a variety of diets. These Mini Meatloaf “Cupcakes” are perfect for the meat and potatoes fans in your life.
For Mini Meatloaves
-1 lb ground beef
-1 package Basil Better Than Breadcrumbs
-1 medium onion, diced
For Mashed Potato “Icing”
-1 lb russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
-2 tbsp butter
-1 cup milk
-salt and pepper to taste
- In bowl, add contents of Basil Better Than Breadcrumbs package to 2/3 cup of water. Stir and let sit 15 minutes to rehydrate.
- Add ground beef and diced onion to rehydrated Basil Better Than Breadcrumbs. Mix well.
- Place mixture into greased mini muffin tin.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
- In a small saucepan heat butter and milk over low heat until butter is melted. Using a potato masher or electric beater, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool slightly.
- Fill pastry bag with mashed potatoes and pipe “icing” onto the mini meatloaves.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes until potatoes are slightly browned.