- 1-2 links Andouille sausage, sliced
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Spicy Cajun Pilaf or Gluten Free Spicy Cajun Pilaf
- Vegetable broth (2 cups for Spicy Cajun Pilaf and 3 cups for Gluten Free Spicy Cajun Pilaf)
- In large pot, brown andouille sausage.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add peppers and onions to pot, saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Add pilaf, cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, sausage and shrimp.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and shrimp is cooked through.
- Garnish with cilantro.