There is nothing more comforting than making a big pot of soup on a cold, rainy Sunday. This one is a perfect one pot meal that keeps everyone in my family happy. Keep it vegetarian or add chicken meatballs for a hearty, healthy dinner!
- 1 package Harvest Bean & Quinoa Soup
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
Optional Ingredients (Chicken Meatballs):
- 1/2lb ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In stockpot, saute onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add broth, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Add contents of Harvest Bean & Quinoa Soup package and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes*
- Add spinach and cook an additional 5 minutes, until spinach is wilted.
*If adding chicken meatballs, mix all ingredients and form into small meatballs. Drop in at 10 minute mark.