Do you give yourself permission to have a little “me” time? I find that when I take time for myself, my family is happier, healthier and my work is more productive. I also see my family taking better care of themselves when they see me model this. Life is busy, here are some things I do to recharge.download The Girl on the Mat 2017 movie
- Get out into nature. Take a walk, sit outside. Even walking outside and taking a deep breath on a beautiful day is calming to me – find the little things that work for you. Nature is my stress reliever – getting a hike a few days a week keeps me balanced. Get into nature and observe the abundance all around you.
- Eat a healthy diet. Take great care of yourself – be conscious of the foods your eat. You are, after all, what you eat.
- Exercise. Find something that works for you. For me, its getting a hike in a few days a week and doing push ups and planks with my kids.
- Do something you enjoy. It can be anything. Something that makes you laugh, that keeps you in the present moment. Play a card game with your kids, roll around with your dog, curl up and read a book.
- Meditate. Taking even five minutes to silence our minds can have lasting effects throughout the day. Not sure you can meditate? Find a guided meditation online. Start simple. Sit down and take five deep breaths. Tomorrow, make it six.
- Take a bath a couple times a week. Epsom salt, baking soda, lavender oil. This not only helps your body detox and give you a boost of magnesium, but the lavender oil is calming.
- Disconnect to Reconnect. Turn the phone off. Ban all electronics for an hour. Or two. Or twenty-four. Do this a couple time a week. Silence the noise around you.
- Don’t apologize and don’t feel guilty. This can be difficult. But I promise you your family will learn to appreciate your “me” time as much as you do.