With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I wanted to post a tried and true recipe that we love. This year, all of the sides we are making will be plant-based and dairy free. I want to show a few family members how delicious plant-based meals can be. For me, it will be important that they aren’t missing something, and this recipe is a great replacement to a sausage and cornbread dressing that we would normally have. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 cups corn bread
- 1 pkg Garden Pilaf or Gluten Free Garden Pilaf, prepared
- 4 tbs walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbs dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp poultry spice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1—1.5 cups vegetable broth
- Add first 7 ingredients to a sauce pan and cook 10—15 minutes.
- Crumble cornbread into a large bowl.
- Add Garden Pilaf, walnuts, cranberries, poultry seasoning and salt.
- Add the sautéed mix and stir well.
- Add vegetable broth, adding more if a very moist dressing is desired.
- Oil casserole dish and add cornbread dressing.
- Cover and bake at 350˚ for 60 minutes, uncovering the last 20 minutes.
This is an easy dish to “veganize” – just use vegan cornbread!