We’ve all been there: life gets so crazy that you totally forget that you invited friends over to watch the playoffs tomorrow! You need to feed them more than just chips and salsa, but you don’t have time to cook! Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. With one quick trip to the grocery store, and 20 minutes in front of the stove, you can put together a Build Your Own Santa Fe Taco Bar that will satisfy any diet: vegan, vegetarian, meat-eater, even gluten-free!
- 1 package Santa Fe Pilaf or Gluten Free Santa Fe Pilaf
- 2.5 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, chicken, turkey, etc…optional)
- 1 package Salt-Free Taco Seasoning
- 1-15 oz can black beans
- Shredded cheese
- 2 avocados or store-bought guacamole
- Corn or flour Tortillas
- Your favorite taco toppings (sour cream, cilantro, salsa, etc)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add contents of Santa Fe Pilaf or Gluten Free Santa Fe Pilaf package.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- (Optional) In skillet over medium heat, add ground meat and season with Salt Free Taco Seasoning. Brown meat until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- While pilaf is cooking, prepare toppings for the tacos: slice the avocado, chop cilantro, etc.
- Remove cooked pilaf from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Briefly heat the tortillas on a skillet (optional)
- Set out ingredients in individual bowls for a build your own taco bar.
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the game!