Santa Fe Pilaf is our son’s favorite. Needless to say, we always have Santa Fe in the fridge and pantry. Thankfully our son loves it hot and cold, so he eats it for breakfast and takes it for lunch more than I’d like to admit! I love keeping Santa Fe close at hand because it lends itself to so many great recipes. Here are a few of my favorite ways to use Santa Fe Pilaf. You can also use Gluten Free Santa Fe Pilaf for any of these recipes.
- Cilantro Lime Santa Fe Salad – this grain salad is delicious wrapped in lettuce leaves and is great for entertaining or picnicking.
- Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers -Meatless Monday at it’s best!
- Santa Fe Taco Cupcakes – a fun play on tacos.
- Santa Fe Summer Bowls – great for on-the-go summer activities.
- Santa Fe Ultimate Nachos – quick and easy!
- Santa Fe Burritos – Top a flour tortilla with Santa Fe, grilled chicken, red onion, avocado, cilantro and cheese.
- Seven Layer Santa Fe Dip – Start with Santa Fe Pilaf and layer you favorite ingredients – I like to use onions, tomatoes, avocados, jalapeno, black olives and corn salsa.
- Santa Fe Casserole – Just add a can of fire roasted tomatoes to Santa Fe Pilaf, and toss together your favorite ingredients – onions, jalapeno and corn. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 15 minutes.
- Santa Fe Stuffed Pork Chops – I haven’t mastered this recipe yet, if you do, please share!
One thing you will notice as you look through these recipes and ideas is that I use a lot of the same ingredients. I am a believer in building recipes around pantry staples. I always have onions, tomatoes, avocados and jalapenos on hand. Keeping my pantry and fridge well stocked helps limit eating out. It’s a balance. Planning our meals for the week with our Meal and Grocer Planner really helps keep me organized and on track. I am not perfect – but it is important for me to cook for my family as much as possible. Recipes like these and keeping a well stocked fridge and pantry allow me to feel really great about what I feed my family.