- 4 portotbello mushroom caps, roasted*
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 cups arugula
- 1 tbs olive or coconut oil
- Goat cheese
- 1 package Garden Pilaf or Gluten Free Garden Pilaf, prepared as directed
- Cook Garden Pilaf or Gluten Free Garden Pilaf as directed.
- In a skillet, saute onion until translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add arugula and stir into pilaf.
- Spoon pilaf into mushroom caps and top with goat cheese.
Tip: Roasting Portobello Mushrooms
Roasting portobellos is easy and brings out a meatiness that will satisfy vegetarians and meat eaters! Preheat oven to 450. Cot a baking sheet or roasting pan with a little coconut or olive oil. Place mushroom caps, gill-side up, on the prepared sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes.